All voters now can vote early! 
Step 1: Request your ballot.
Get an application at county, township and city clerks’ offices or at
• Mailed-in applications must be received by 5 p.m. the Friday before an election. Your ballot will be mailed to you.
• Voters also can drop off their application in person at their township clerk’s office by 4 p.m. the Monday before Election Day and get their ballot.
Step 2: Complete it, sign it, submit it.
• Option 1: Drop off completed ballot in person to your township clerk.
• Option 2: Return your ballot through the mail. Ballots must be signed
and received by 8 p.m. Election Day.
Election results can be viewed at Election Lenawee.
Michigan complete voting laws are managed by the Michigan Secretary of State.
How do I know if am eligible to register to vote?
You can register to vote if:
1. You are a citizen of the United States.
2. You are at least 18 years of age on or before the next scheduled election.
You can register at any of the following offices:
  • Secretary of State branch office
  • County Clerk’s Office
  • City, Township or Village Office
You may register to vote at the aforementioned locations 15 days before an election. After that, you can register to vote at the clerk’s office with proof of residency through 8:00 p.m. on Election Day and vote in that election.
How do I register to vote? 
Registrations are taken by the Clerk by appointment.  You also register to vote at any Secretary of State Office in Michigan. Please call (888)767-6424 to locate a branch near you or visit:  Michigan Secretary of State Offices website  You may register to vote anytime and vote in an election, including through 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Where do I vote?
The Township Hall.  Your voting poll is also shown on your voter ID card. Please contact the Clerk’s Office (517)458-7801 or visit  Michigan Voter Information Center to learn where your voting poll is.
How do I vote when I am overseas with the military?
A Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) form can be used to register to vote.  The FPCA form is available at and is distributed through U.S. embassies and military bases.  A Michigan resident who moves and registers out of state may not re-register to vote in Michigan until he or she re-establishes residency here.    A military voter can use an FPCA or electronically apply for a absentee ballot with the Secretary of State Bureau of Elections Web site.
How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
There is an application process to obtain an absentee ballot.  Applications are available here: Secretary of State Bureau of Elections Website or by calling our office at (517)458-6828.  No requirement is needed for a absentee ballot. All registered voters may vote with an absentee ballot.
Mail your completed ballot to:
Allison Ott, Clerk
Township of Seneca
5732 W. Ridgeville Road
Sand Creek, MI 49279
Your ballot will be mailed to any address you request the day we receive your signed application.
 The law no longer allows us to automatically mail absentee ballot applications to everyone 60 years and older. Therefore we are compiling a new mailing list.  Please call to be on the list at (517)458-7801.

What identification do I need to show at the polls?

New Voter Identification Requirement in Effect

As of the November 6, 2007 election, every Michigan voter who offers to vote in the polls must comply with the requirement by showing picture identification or signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.  (See MCL 158.523 for picture identification requirement)
Voters with picture identification: 
Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan personal identification card.
Voters who do not possess either document may show any of the following forms of picture identification as long as they are current:
  • Driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state.
  • Federal or State government issued photo identification.
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military identification card with photo.
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education.
  • Tribal identification card with photo.
Voters without picture identification:
Michigan election law anticipates that not all voters will have picture identification.  Voters who do not bring picture identification to the polls or do not possess picture identification can vote like any other voter by signing an affidavit.
Questions regarding the picture identification requirement can be directed to Clerk’s Office.
For more election related FAQs and information, please visit Michigan Department of State.